Sunday, April 8, 2018

Things that Shoot: It's All About the Killer Series


While faced with the task of trying to come up with some ways that the Serial Killer in my book kills... I of course turned to the interwebs to find a list I was sure that was out there - with all kinds of different ways to "murder" someone...

So when I found absolutely nothing, I was kinda shocked.....

... but then I started thinking, well, why give actual people who kill ideas ....

And then I thought, but they can just watch ID Channel to get all kinds of ideas ...

So why isn't there a master list out there?   Who knows..... but, guess I'm going to make one of my own.

So I sought out to create our own master list... and thought, I'm not going to limit it to just ways that the character(s) I'm writing would do, it's going to be a master, MASTER LIST ..

Google Image


THINGS THAT SHOOT .... 

Interesting Link List of various weapons through various eras & areas

Guns
Blow Gun (poison dart, tranquilizer)
Bow & Arrows
Tranquilizer Gun
Cannons
Sling Shots
Catapults
Tanks (Military, other military equipment)
Rockets & Missiles (maybe belongs in Bombs & Explosions)
Flame Thrower (kind a gun of some kind right?)  (my friend Jennene suggested)
Nail Gun (my friend Jennene suggested) (also my Aunt Cindy)

I wasn't sure if  the following could actually kill people, so here are some notes...


Flare Gun  (my friend Jennene suggested)
I figured that you can kill with a flare gun.  I don't see why not when maybe shooting in certain areas ... but I wanted to make sure.  So I searched.  I saw that a father murdered his three children with a flare gun.  Gah! I hate reading stuff like that.  Here are two answers I thought were appropriate.  Both from HERE.

1:  Yes. It's a 10ga pistol, which means that its bore is larger than a 12ga shotgun (yes, I now it's a smaller number that 12ga, just trust me on this). 10ga is the largest bore that you can get without a special license, basically getting pretty damn close to an elephant gun, though obviously a snub-nosed smooth-bore pistol isn't going to be horribly accurate. 

Essentially, you have a charge larger than that of a 10ga shotgun shell, propelling an extremely hot burning projectile (generally using strontium nitrate for the red emergency flare) with such a velocity and thermal signature that it can be illuminated and high enough to seen up to 50 miles away (a SOLAS flare). Strontium nitrate is so dangerous as a pyrotechnic that specialty companies have to have unique federal licenses just to transport it cross-country (though for some reason they can sell it directly to you, which I don't understand). 

How dangerous are they? Consider the force behind a heavy burning flare that was going to go high enough to be seen for 50 miles. Just the blunt-force trauma alone would be devastating. It would definitely break bones, crush tissues, and possibly even penetrate into the body, at which point you'd have an object burning at many hundreds of degrees inside your gut. That would suck. 

These things are so powerful that hunters in the Pacific Northwest often carry them as a "point defense" weapon against freaking *bears,* and it usually sends the animal packing. Everybody knows that being on a merchant ship off of Somalia is a bad place to be these days. A couple of months back, a Danish cargo ship came under attack, fired a flare at the pirate boat... and sank it! 

Basically, they're nearly as dangerous as packing a conventional pistol, but you don't need a license or register with anyone. Still -- killing someone with a flare gun is probably still a felony offense.

2: A flare gun fires a flare; which is a pyrotechnic that contains highly combustible chemicals to produce a bright light. The flare burns very hot for a brief period, and can cause sever burns or even death to a person hit by it. Flares can be hot enough that they will even burn under water. 
The active ingredients in the flare are chemicals such as potassium nitrate, potassium perchlorate, strontium nitrate or calcium phosphide; usually mixed with other combustible ingredients.

Tazer & Tazer Gun
I didn't think this can "kill" people, but can definitely be useful.. (my friend Jennene suggested)  I was wrong though... Almost all 18,000 police departments in the U.S. issue their officers Tasers, or stun guns, as a non-lethal alternative to subdue people they might see as a threat. But in a five-part series, Reuters documented more than 1,000 incidents since 2000 in which their Tasers have killed people.

BB Gun
BB Guns can kill a person.  High-Velocity BB guns which have muzzle velocities higher than 350 feet per second can increase this risk.  The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has reports of about 4 deaths per year caused by BB guns or pellet guns.

Airsoft Rifles
This one is still kinda a mystery.  I'm sure there is always some way that it can be used as a lethal weapon but things I have read are mixed.  These guns are designed to shoot at humans and I have read that it is not as "powerful" as ... say... a BB gun.  I have read, though - that maybe if you modify the gun and/or use BB rounds instead of the safer alternative designed to be used with the airsoft rifles, that maybe it could be used as a murderous weapon.

Paintball Gun
Can do serious damage.  If you crank the velocity up past 300 and/or freeze the paintballs it does become a deadly weapon, especially if someone is not wearing a mask.  If you got shot in the temple at relatively close range, without protection of any kind, paintball marker's velocity above 300, and with (or maybe even without) frozen paintaballs, it could be lethal.  A paintball marker set above 300 FPS can easily break bones in your hand.

Many paintballers have said that paintballs do not freeze (they tried).  The few comments I read said that it takes forever for the paintballs to freeze and when they are removed from the freezer it thaws out very quickly.  If it doesn't thaw out in a few minutes it's so brittle that just the burst of air to fire it could shatter it before it even hits a target.  One commenter said that their frozen paintball turned to the consistency of sherbert when it thawed ...

Water Gun
No way this could be lethal right? But if there is poison or acid or maybe even a biological weapon ...  but definitely if there is some poison or something that could kill someone either long term, short term or immediate ... it could be used as a lethal weapon.  (s1 ep2 of Deception)

Hot Glue Gun ... (glue them to death! LOL) (my friend Jennene suggested)
So .... although I can't see this actually causing death.  I can see this being used as a type of torture (and will have to add it to my torture list.  So ...  using a hot glue gun to glue mouth shut? Eyes shut. hands together, feet together, all kinds of things can be "glued" together (sexual also?) ... also super glue!?

Silicone Gun ... (Jenna) probably the same lines as the Hot Glue Gun, however ......  if you have someone tied up, and you want to kill them with it...  or if they are drugged, you could fill their nose and mouth full of either hot glue or silicone and that would completely leave them unable to breath. 


METHODS...... 
Shooter vs. Victim
Gang Violence
The Mob
Firing Squads
Mass Shooting
Hunting People
Accidental Shootings (or was it? Muahhahahahaha)

Shot in the head or heart with a roofing nailer  (Cindy)


DO YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL IDEAS???  Please leave a comment and tell me about it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Love <3