Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Taking Your Breath Away: It's All About the Killer Series


While faced with the task of trying to come up with some ways that the Serial Killer in my book kills... I of course turned to the interwebs to find a list I was sure that was out there - with all kinds of different ways to "murder" someone...

So when I found absolutely nothing, I was kinda shocked.....

... but then I started thinking, well, why give actual people who kill ideas ....

And then I thought, but they can just watch ID Channel to get all kinds of ideas ...

So why isn't there a master list out there?   Who knows..... but, guess I'm going to make one of my own.

So I sought out to create our own master list... and thought, I'm not going to limit it to just ways that the character(s) I'm writing would do, it's going to be a master, MASTER LIST ..


Asphyxiation is a tricky little thing.  There are several more uncontrollable (dare I say, natural) caused for being unable to breath. 

Hanging
Strangulation
Suffocation
Smothering
Drowning in various substances
Erotic asphyxiation gone wrong
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Halon Gas

A list on this website is: 

Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Carbon Monoxide Inhalation
Contact with certain chemicals. (like phosgene)
Drowning
Drug Overdose
Exposure to low pressure or vacuum
Hanging
Self-Induced Hypocapnia by Hyperventiliation
Inert gas asphyxiation
Congenital Central Hypoventilation Syndrome
Respiratory Diseases
Sleep Apnea
Seizure
Strangling
Breaking the wind pipe
Prolonged exposure to Chlorine Gas

Tools of the Game

Nylons/Stockings (Cindy)
Wire
Rope
Nylon or other cloth/fabric Cords
Ties
Phone Cord
Computer Cords
Belts
Electronic Power Cords
Pillows
Plastic Bags

Notes:

A woman is choked with her own nylons (Cindy)

suffocation by extended time locked in a fridge/freezer hidden in a scrapyard (Anton)

being compressed by weights until asphyxiation (Travis - See Also Stoning)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some Love <3